World Infertility Awareness Month – Things pledge
June happens to be the month for World Infertility Awareness. Infertility is a problem that millions of couples face across the globe. While people have become more career-oriented and are caught in the web of a busy schedule, some small things can easily be implemented to ensure healthy living. Here are ten things to pledge this month.
- Go for Monthly or Quarterly Check-Ups: diabetes, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and thyroid can interfere with fertility. Visit your doctor and get a routine health check-up done. We are unaware of some diseases, but they could harm you internally by obstructing your fertility rate. Regular check-ups will ensure you know exactly what your body is going through.
- Keep Your Weight in Check: Research proves that the main cause of infertility is over or underweight. Being obese can lead to problems like the production of excessive hormones – insulin or estrogen, which are harmful to the ovulation of egg and the release of semen. Adopt a healthy lifestyle. It not only improves your fertility rate but keeps you fit. After all, we all look forward to being energetic and enthusiastic.
- Sleep 8 Hours: Sleep repairs our body and makes us healthy from within proper sleep is a must to boost fertility. It alters the level of some specific hormones which affect fertility.
- Say No to Smoke, Drugs and Alcohol: Drugs and alcohol have a bad effect on the ability and the quality of the egg for women. For men, the sperm count can decrease while also affecting their motility. Also, excessive caffeine could be bad; restrict yourself to a cup of caffeine daily.
- Exercise: Yoga, meditation, and regular exercise can drastically affect fertility. If you can spare time for the gym, it would be wonderful, but fun activities that work out your body should be included for those who cannot spare a couple of hours. Such activities keep your body fit and healthy physically and mentally. Swimming, trekking, and bike riding are all great ways to boost not only your physical strength but also your mental strength. Remember, it is all about being positive. You can also play games like tennis, football or even go golfing.
- Keep Stress Under Control: There is a special connection between the mind and the body. If negative things happen in your mind, your body may not respond positively. Stress could also be from work, which is unavoidable and could be one of the reasons you could face fertility problems. We understand that but think of your happy moments and try to overcome stress to improve fertility. Share your day with your partner and burst out everything. You will feel relaxed; a relaxed mind and body is the key to fertility. Take a break from your hectic daily routine and go for a holiday if required.
- Eat Healthily: Proteins, minerals, and vitamins must strengthen you internally. The Internet is the best place to see different diets that will help your body be strong. Avoid eating out, especially from the office canteens or the local burger and sandwich shop. Pack your food and add lots of salad and sprouts to it.
- Eat a Multivitamin: Our body needs important vitamins and minerals to stay healthy. Even though you may be eating healthy, your body may not be getting the amount of the specific vitamins or minerals required by your body to perform the functions smoothly. Have your doctor prescribe you a good multivitamin to satisfy your body’s needs.
- Regular Sex: Having sex regularly increases your chance of getting pregnant. For those having sex thrice or four times a week, chances of getting pregnant go up to 50% compared to couples who have sex once a week. The chances are just 15%. Regular sex helps in building a close relationship with your partner.
- Detox: There are many toxins and contaminants in your body, and studies clearly show that they cause obesity and diabetes; other diseases connected with it are prostate cancer, infertility, testicular cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and others. The process in which the body releases toxins is known as glucuronidation. This process makes toxins water-soluble to be eliminated by the kidneys. If this process doesn’t happen, the fat-soluble toxins remain in the body fat, and this leads to obesity. A good detoxification diet will help eliminate them from your body. You can look up the Internet for a good detox diet.
World Infertility Awareness Month is a time to support those struggling with infertility and promote increased access to affordable treatments, prioritize mental health, and promote inclusivity in infertility advocacy. Working together can create a more supportive and equitable future for all individuals and families impacted by infertility.
Our Ayaansh Hospital & the best IVF Centre in Bangalore is here to help you achieve your dreams and goals of creating your family.
AYAANSH HOSPITAL is one of the Best IVF centers in Bangalore & sets a whole new paradigm in personalized women’s health care. The core of our approach is the understanding that women are different and women heal differently & we call this a personalized specialty for women. Take, for example, our specialty clinics catering to various health needs of women across all age groups like the Osteoporosis Clinic, PCOD Clinic, Menopause Clinic, Adolescent Clinic, Cancer Clinic, and pain management clinics emphasizing women’s specific issues like pelvic pain.
#352, CMH Road, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038
Phone No: 080-22960390
Mobile: +91 99588 16886